Planet is the only eCommerce discount automation and management platform for eCommerce on Shopify. Currently, we have more than 500 customers, with a presence in +65 different countries!
The main goal of our platform is to increase sales of any online store through automatic discounts.
Here you can see more about our product, if you want to try it and you don't have a Shopify store, contact us and we invite you to a trial account so you can know the tool inside.
In Planet we launch new functionality every week, here you can see a sample of it. One of our goals is to move fast and test new things constantly.
About the job
Our tech team is composed of 1 frontend, 1 full-stack and 1 backend. Although the platform is stable and robust, there are still many functionalities to develop and we need them to be prepared for high load levels.
Therefore, we are expanding our team with a Backend Engineer 💻🤙🏻
What we offer:
- An opportunity to escape from monolithic development. Every month we launch a new feature, giving you the opportunity to progress with your development skills and avoid the monotony of doing the same tasks over and over again.
- A horizontal organization where diverse opinions and ideas are taken into account when making decisions.
- A relaxed working environment to the maximum. We consider ourselves a family, and we base our culture on trust and closeness 😊.
- The best place to grow. We move fast, experimenting and learning together.
- Flexible schedule chosen by the person. Work by sprints, based on Scrum methodology.
- Salary: 28-32k€ per year.
What to expect in your first months at Planet:
- The first month you will have a functional development environment, you will have been involved in some minor development tasks to get used to our workflows and you will have become familiar with our data ingestion processes and the tools we use.
- In the second and third month you will participate, together with the rest of the team, in the implementation of a new functionality in our platform while learning about each of the systems involved.
- After six months you will be used to our approach to new developments, and you will be able to tackle them autonomously.
- +2 years of experience developing in real environments with Typescript, ExpressJS and NoSQL.
- Knowledge of design patterns and interest in developing code that is easy to maintain.
- Experience with Git.
You don't need to know all the technologies in our stack, but you do need to have a special interest in learning and working with them. On a day-to-day basis, you will develop with NodeJS, but you will get in touch with our AWS infrastructure, log system and other technologies.
Also, it is desirable:
- Knowledge of MongoDB or similar. MongoDB is our main DB engine, so any functionality you develop will have to communicate with it.
- Knowledge of a scripting language such as Python, and a strongly typed language such as Rust. We perform different tasks with these languages and we value you positively.
- We like resolutive people, who are not afraid to face new situations and to work from the terminal.
- The interest in exploring all fields and technologies is essential; we are always looking for how to optimize our processes, even if it means integrating with other platforms or using other libraries.
- English is essential. You will develop functionality for a platform that is used all over the world, so helping in the internationalization of texts and taking into account the formatting of numbers and currency is part of the day to day.